AN AMERICAN DREAM
AI for agriculture
Working to improve lives and communities
Meet the 2021 Top Ten Seniors
- Leading research“Junk DNA” sequence may play a role in aging and cancer A new discovery places researchers one step closer to understanding how genes influence aging in certain types of cells.
- Forging solutionsBuilding community resilience in the West WSU is part of a $15 million project to help Inland Mountain West communities deal with extended droughts, frequent wildfires, and population growth.
- OneWSU InitiativeElizabeth Chilton named first chancellor of WSU PullmanWSU’s provost and executive vice president will start in her new, dual role on July 1, 2022.
- COVID-19 policyEmployees to complete new vaccination verification processThe new visual verification process supersedes WSU’s previous vaccination declaration system. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons must be submitted by Oct. 4.
- Graduate cationImproving the Columbia RiverWith a $3 million National Science Foundation grant, WSU graduate students will engage with community members as they seek solutions to the river’s complex problems.
- Advancing sustainabilityTurning plastic waste into valuable productsA research team seeks ways to improve recycling of co-mingled municipal waste plastics, making production of high-quality products cost effective.
- Business insightsCutbacks and layoffs? Here’s how to preserve morale Morale is less likely to plunge if companies invest in remaining employees with training, team-building, and manageable workloads.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- Sept. 6 Labor Day: All-university holiday
- Sept. 7 Deadline to pay tuition and mandatory fees
- Sept. 10 Last day to change from letter grade to pass/fail
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $421.8 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2019-20
- 75% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2019-20